Cacio e pepe (pasta with cheese and Kampot black pepper)
What you need
- 200g spaghetti
- 160g grated parmigiano cheese + extra for garnish
- 60g butter
- Fleur de sel from Kampot
- 2 tbsp Kampot black pepper crushed
Recipe author: Matteo De Carli
"Cacio e pepe" or "cheese and pepper". As the name suggests, this is a simple and quick pasta recipe that will impress any visitor. It is an absolute classic and also a perfect example of the simplicity of Italian cuisine.
You don't have to skimp on quality ingredients - you really only need a few in this recipe!
What it takes
1. Bring the water to the boil, season with salt and cook the pasta for about 7-8 min.
2. Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the crushed pepper for about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and add the pasta. On a low heat, add some of the water in which the pasta was cooked (about 3 tbsp). Add the grated parmigiano and stir until everything is combined into a creamy sauce.
3. Divide into two portions. Serve with ground Kampot black pepper and grated cheese on top.
Just as good as the crushed pepper is the .pepper..pasta - Italian pasta with Kampot black pepper directly crushed inside.
"Extremely unique product with a great drive behind them. Awesome product and customer service. Perfect for a gift to impress your in-laws, boss or clients."
"First time I tasted Kampot pepper on our vacation in Cambodia, it was phenomenal! I am ordering the Kampot pepper from Amazon ever since. Now when I have an option to order from the smallest farmers, I can have great feeling whenever I open the pack as a bonus to the best taste."
"Got the pepper, it is very unique. I found it had more flavor and the aroma was wonderful. The pepper came in a small well sealed package. The ground pepper was a little spicier than regular black pepper, but not too spicy. I think it was most likely just fresher and delivered in better condition."